Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Kickstarter Shoutout: Gaslight Victorian Fantasy for 5e

I just wanted to give a shoutout to a project on Kickstarter.  The project is called Gaslight Victorian Fantasy and it is by Battlefield Press, Inc.  This is a weird Victorian urban fantasy setting.  There is an OGL version (which I'm not sure is in print) and a Savage Worlds version.  The current Kickstarter will update the setting and stats for D&D 5th edition.

Victorians were into some weird crap.
The setting reminds me of the book Anno Dracula by Kim Newman,  in which vampires take over Victorian society.  Of course, there are also rules for pixies, werewolves, and others.  At minimum I will use this to add beast men to my 5e games.  However I would love to run a weird Victorian game along the lines of Fallen London.  I am currently loving the 5e rules and I love the fact that companies are using them for different settings.

If you like the idea of Bobbies chasing alchemists through foggy alleyways, then check this project out.