Thursday, April 28, 2016

X is for Xorn #atozchallenge.

Today's post is about the Xorn.  I will be honest, I was not sure what I would write about for the X post in the A to Z blog challenge.  I decided to flip open the AD&D 1st edition Monster Manual and check out the X section.  Staring at me from the page was the xorn.


Dungeons and Dragons has always been full of strange and unusual creatures.  The xorn is a great example.  If I saw this thing coming at me I would probable pass out and then be devoured.  While the title of the game has "dragon" in it I find that the most famous monsters from D&D are the more peculiar ones.  Owlbears, gelatinous cubes, rust monsters, and mimics are the creatures that adventurers tell stories about.  So in honor of the xorn, flip through your favorite bestiary and find the weirdest monster in there to throw at your players!