Sunday, February 2, 2014

D&D Blog Hop Challenge Day 2! First Person You Introduced to D&D

First person you introduced to D&D. Which edition? Their first Character?


The first person that I actually introduced to roleplaying is my friend Michael.  He was already interested in comics, video games, and fantasy literature so I didn't think it would be too hard to get him into our group.  At the time we were playing Hackmaster Basic, which is close enough to D&D.  Michael was talked into playing a cleric. I was stunned when his cleric carved the sign of his god into the forehead of a bandit as punishment before letting him go, and I then thought, "Now I can turn that bandit into a reoccurring villain!"


We later switched our campaign over to the Pathfinder rules, which I count as legitimate D&D.  Michael changed his character and made an inquisitor (who has an obligatory sword-with-cool-name).  Our group did try out the D&D Next playtest rules one night, so technically Michael is the first person that I introduced to an official Dungeons and Dragons product.

The D&D playtest rules are no longer available, but Hackmaster Basic is available as a free pfd. You can get a copy here.