Sunday, January 19, 2014

New Year’s Resolution: Support my FLGS!

I think the title sums it up; in 2014 I am going to make a conscious effort to buy more products from my local game store.  I like Amazon a lot.  I like my Kindle.  Plus, what gamer can resist buying the next hot rpg core book for $25 off the cover price?  But I really like my local comic and game store.  I truly believe in supporting businesses that do a great job.

My FLGS has great climate control, which many game stores seem to think is optional.  The owner is friendly and orders anything that I ask him to.  He has tons of cool comics.  Also, there is no substitute to browsing through physical product in a store full of cool nerd merchandise.

So this year I vow not to rush to Amazon for every game purchase.  I will not be enticed by pseudo-free shipping offers (which is now offered on orders over $35?  What the hell, Amazon).  I will pay the MSRP on quality products and support a store that enriches my community.  

If you are in the area stop by:

Excalibur Comics and Games in Shreveport, Louisiana.